10 Wardrobe Essentials
10. Wear your new real leather jacket in the rain to break it
in. Water will soften up the leather and allow it to stretch and crease at
specific points on your body.
9. Who has the time to hand wash bras? Machine wash them in
cold water in a mesh zipper bag and drape them over a hanger to air dry.
8. Use a lemon wedge to remove excess or streaky
7. Track lighting is possible even for the tiniest closet:
Buy a track kit, screw it into the ceiling, run the wire down the wall and plug
it into the nearest outlet. Not only will you see all your clothes better, but
you’ll feel like you have a more luxurious closet.
6. V-neck sweaters and tees give the illusion of a longer
5. If you’re unsure about an impulse or sale purchase, leave
it at the store. If you’re still thinking about it when you wake up the next
day, buy it.
4. Have a sequin garment you don’t wear anymore? Remove the
sequins and sprinkle them into a vase of flowers. Gorgeous!
3. A good shoemaker can fully rebuild your favorite pair,
even if the arch is cracked.
2. To coax a loose thread back into place, gently tug at
the stitches to the sides of the pull as well as above and below.
1. There’s nothing cooler than sticking to a signature style
you know looks good on you. Slaves to fashion are never chic!