Lamar Odom’s Best Friend Jamie Dies
Lamar Odom’s best friend Jamie Sangouthai recently died on Sunday, June 14 at a hospital in Los Angeles from a drug-related infection.
The L.A. County Coroner's office initially reported on Thursday, June 18 that Jamie’s death was the result of a drug overdose, but now the police have confirmed that Jamie died as a result of the bacterial skin infection necrotizing fasciitis which is believed to have emerged from Jamie’s alleged use of dirty drug needles.
IV drug abuse was also cited in Sangouthai’s autopsy report as a contributing factor in his death.
Sources say that Lamar is taking the news of Jamie’s sudden death very hard and recently went to visit his mother to grieve at home.
Jamie’s funeral services will be held at Seneca Chapel in Ridgewood, New York, on Monday, June 22, and Tuesday, June 23 from 4 to 9 pm each night.
Meanwhile, Jamie’s family and friends have created a GoFundMe page to help raise money for his funeral arrangements.
“All proceeds go to his mom Christine,” reads the GoFundMe update. “We have reached the 1/2 way mark of our goal in less than 24 hours. We thank you all and we hope the people keep donating to support his mother in this time of need.
The GoFundMe page was created on Monday, June 15 and already exceeded its $15,000 goal by $3,100.
The page’s total amount of $18,100 was raised by 211 people in four days.
Check out the GoFundMe page here:
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jamie’s family and friends. May he rest in peace.