Spiritual Sundays: Tips to Self-Care
I know in our culture we talk about self-care a lot. I've began to do a lot of work on myself, mostly on Sundays. I've began to call them "Spiritual Sundays". Most of the time, I don't spend any money unless I need something to aid in my rituals.
Here are some tips to make your Spiritual Sunday a new staple:
- Try to rest. Sleep as long as you can. Sometimes it's okay to just lay in bed the whole day & rest.
- Be productive in giving your time to your personal passions. I normally take Sundays to write, meditate, sit in a bubble bath & just relax & remind myself that I am not on a schedule.
- Read a book that interest you.
- Make a meal.
- Listen to positive or calming music.
- Go on a nature walk. Grounding helps you connect with yourself for if you're ever feeling disconnected.
- Watch something funny. A close friend of mine (Rest In Peace) used always tell me, when life got hard or got to be too much, watch something funny. It takes your mind off of whats going on & lifts your spirits.
You don't always have to spend money to do self-care. Sometimes it's so simple to carve out time in your life to make your self & your peace a priority.
Peace, Love, & Self